Sunday, August 28, 2005

Mattress fitted into teardrop



My foam came about a week ago, I had already bought a piece of memory foam 1 1/2" thick and then from Knox Foam I bought another 2 3/4" but it never decompressed to the full thickness, never got more than 2 1/2" so I called them and they are sending me another piece to make up the difference. I also bought the custom fitted cover. I put the first 2 sections together, and put them in the cover to see how they would fit in the teardrop, a perfect fit, so once the next section arrives and decompresses, I will have something in the range of 4.25" thick mattress. surprised to find that neither of them really decompressed to the thickness I ordered, but as long as it works out in the end. What does it really matter? We put it in the teardrop and laid on it and it seems OK as far as comfort, we both thought to ourselves that maybe we needed to lose a couple of pounds before we go out on our first adventure.

No comments: