Sunday, August 28, 2005

The nightmare of the top skin installation




I thought that installing the top skin would be easy. It started out great, until I got to the front, where I discovered that being I was a little bit off, the skin would not fit, after fighting with it [for most of the day] and drawing blood doing so, I got pissed off and ripped the damage part off, and install a patch to be able to complete the skinning process, I think it really looked like crap and I hated the job I did. I had two choice either buying a larger sheet of aluminum or trying to repair the damage. So this morning I stared applying Bondo. hoping doing so would save my project. after a year of hard work it came to this. I have a lot of Bondo work, I am hoeping that this effort will allow me a smooth surface with the proper lines. I guess only time will tell. Today I used about 3 1/2 pounds of a 7 pound can of Bondo, and I am still no where I want to be, I can see this is going to be a long drawn out process. Failure is not acceptable.

If it work you will see more photos. Otherwise I may have to start over.

No comments: