Sunday, August 28, 2005

Doors rebuilding Oct. 18, 2009 Complete left door installed 11 1 2009





Well after using our teardrop trailer for camping a few times and knowing how warped they ended up I wanted to rebuild them both before we go to the next teardrop event coming up March of 2010. So to be sure I had time to rebuild. I pulled the first one part today and will begin replacing all of the wood starting next week end.
I also went out and bought a premium sheet of sanded plywood, to begin cutting the new doors. I think it will take about 3 weeks to get them back on the trailer.






Continue working on the construction of my left door of the scad-a-bout, overall thing went well, messed up the touch up paint, so I will have to sand it down and do it again, and I wont know what else I may have to do once it get reinstalled, to insure a good fit, I will post more about that once I have replaced the door.




Well Nov. 1st 2009 today I reinstalled the new door and overall it went well, so I will take off the right door next weekend and rebuild that door also, gearing for for the next teardrop trailer event we will be attending in March of 2101


Today December 6th 2009, I got the new right door reinstalled onto the teardrop, now I need to add weather striping on both doors and we should be ready to go again. Here are the final photo of the door reconstruction.

No comments: