Sunday, August 28, 2005

Installed Hatch Door


When building or restoring a teardrop trailer you have many surprises, today I installed my hatch door, and after reading all of the problems people had, I was thinking that I would experience the worst of it, but it looks pretty good overall, I am not saying it is perfect, and that there are many things I would have changed or corrected in hind-sight, but I am really happy with it. With all the help and suggestions I got from the forum allowed me to not bite the bullet overall, I heard how many have to rebuild it many times to get it right, maybe they are perfectionist, but you can look at mine and see I have not fallen into that category.
I still have a few more week ends of work on it before I can skin it, but I am happy overall that I am now over that hump and I can breath a breath of fresh-air.

I still plan to try and use the original top skin to skin the hatch door, so I have many weeks of sanding before I will know if I will be able to use it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a 54 Scad-a-Bout that needs its rear hatch rebuilt/restored. Any suggestions. Are there plans for Scads around?Thanks, Steve