Sunday, August 28, 2005

Near Completion The Final Days









Less than 3 years ago my wife and I was watching a PBS program called California Gold, that was the first time we have ever seen a Teardrop Trailer, and it was also when we thought of getting one for ourselves. Our project was discovered sitting under a carport and it has been there for approx 20 years being host to children, pests, weather and the alike and the interior was orange shag carpet and it was missing the entire hatch. My 1965 Scad-A-Bout teardrop restoration project blog started 2 years ago on Aug 28, 2005, and today Sept 3rd 2007 I can admit that the basic restoration project is now complete. I have many times was disappointed in many things I did during construction, and the many mistakes I made, but as of today I can honestly say that it is now better than the day we discovered in it the Santa Ana carport. I still have many week ends before the tongue box is mounted and the electrical is installed, and tested before I see what kind of damage the DMV of California will do when it discovers that I am trying to register a trailer that has been off the road for over 20 years and I do not have a good bill of sale, I have the pink slip and a simple hand written bill of sale from the guy the previous owner, who was asked to store it for, something he never returned to retrieve.

No comments: